Oyster Stew Cook-Off
The 36th Annual North Carolina Oyster Festival Oyster Stew Cook-Off is a great opportunity for local and statewide restaurants to put their best oyster stew up against their competitors!
The Oyster Stew Cook-Off will take place on Sunday, October 16th at 1:00 PM.
The winner of the Oyster Stew Cook-Off will be named the North Carolina Oyster Stew champion. Winner of People’s Choice will receive 500.00 and Judges’ choice will receive 500.00.
Oyster Stew Cook-Off Procedures & Information
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Cook-off is open to all restaurants.
- Contestants must prepare 8 gallons of stew.
- The stew must be prepared at the contestant’s restaurant.
- Contestants must use their own equipment to keep food hot and cold as needed.
- Servings should be around 3 ounces for both judging and sampling.
- 350 Tickets will be sold to the public for voting purposing for $5.00 each.
Sponsored by Prestige Outdoor Lighting